hello hello hello

and how are you today?

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let's craft to enjoy..

When I set my goals for 2011, it was from the heart, completely personal and all about me. The one that I have already begun working on is ‘crafting to enjoy’ – and I am loving it. I made these two passport covers for my beautiful niece and nephew who are off on their first Disney holiday in the next few weeks.. my niece loves Mickey, my nephew is too young to know who he is.. I thoroughly enjoyed making them, planning out the process, deciding how to ‘decorate’ them with the fabric I have – I even managed to use denim from an old pair of jeans that I was about to throw out..


I’ve gone off track a bit but my point was, I have also noticed from reading other blogs that there’s a few of us out there who are making a point to craft just-for-fun this year. Whether we are making gifts for loved ones or just making something for no reason, the focus is not on selling because that becomes a different ball game - one that involves pressure, deadlines and just alot more work in general etc

Are we being too hard on ourselves? As a mum are we trying to be perfectionists and therefore lose perspective on why we are doing what we are doing? It’s not right when what you love doing becomes a chore.. and I think Jennifer says it all in this post.

So, I am really REALLY going to make a point of enjoying my craft this year so that I don’t create unnecessary stress.. I would rather focus my energy on my little girl and enjoy more special moments like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment