hello hello hello

and how are you today?

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Worlds oldest UFO.... (unfinished object)

Yes I think that belongs to me. And I never thought I'd finish it. Let me tell you the story...

Three years ago I did a short course on how to make a Japanese quilt at Kimono House - it was only for a day and I was very excited. Unfortunately the sewing machine I had was not the best and very sensitive. The car ride to the course was enough to shake it up and therefore not cooperate for most of the course.. so I only got as far as cutting out my little squares and with the help of the lovely ladies there, I managed to have them sewn up. I went from being completely excited, to being absolutely FRUSTRATED!

For three years these beautiful squares have sat in my cupboard and I have brought them out only a few times, laid them out and dreamt about the quilt it was meant to be (see below). Not having proper instructions to complete the quilt and having never made one before, I was apprehensive about giving it a go knowing that I'd risk ruining this really beautiful japanese quilt fabric.

So last week I decided I would attempt to finish it and if it looked half decent, I would give it to my mum for Christmas... and after researching on the internet, reading quilt blogs, reading magazines, look what happened - I finished it. I may not have quilted properly, I may not have bound it properly, BUT I absolutely love it and I think it looks pretty good :)


Merry Christmas Mum I hope you like it x

No comments:

Post a Comment